This is Synthetic Mind, the AI newsletter that’s like the friend you can always trust to scratch that one spot on your back you just can’t….. quite…… reach…..
Here's What We Got For You:
- Emergency! ChatGPT Hackathon!
- ChatGPT: Your New Housemaid?
- Quick Bytes
- Mind Memes
Emergency! ChatGPT Hackathon!
We learned a new word today.
You’ve probably heard it before. We certainly have.
We just had no idea what it meant…
You see we heard there was an emergency ChatGPT hackathon happening right outside of OpenAI headquarters…
If you’re anything like us you probably just imagined a bunch of people in a dark room trying to hack into OpenAI.
But don’t get your wires in a twist just yet…
Apparently a hackathon is a coding competition between nerds where they build really cool stuff with computers.
This hackathon was focused around building tools with ChatGPT.
So just to be clear- OpenAI is safe.
Turns out this event was pretty cool.
They say 70 new ChatGPT demos were created!
Aaand that’s a wrap!
4 days to get here.
250+ people throughout the day.
14 hours from start to finish.
One damn amazing time.
Thank you all. Recap thread from @rachel_l_woods and me soon.
— Pete (@nonmayorpete)
Mar 6, 2023
Wait…only 4 days?!
Well…..Last week the thing we’ve all been waiting for happened.
OpenAI released the API for ChatGPT. Meaning any business can now add the tool to their website, apps, etc.
Now the race to make the best ChatGPT tool begins. It looks like these guys we’re just looking for a quick headstart.
May the best bot win…..and may the odds be ever in your favor.
ChatGPT: Your New Housemaid?
Guys, I just told my girlfriend I’m leaving her today.
For 8 years she was my one and only…
Until I met someone new.
She’s the girl of my dreams
She’s smart, always helping me out, and now I find out she cleans too?!
She’s all I can think about
Yep. That’s right…
Microsoft is training ChatGPT to be a home-assistant robot. (minus the sexy maid outfit)
ChatGPT In Training For Home - Assistant Robot
@Microsoft is working to bring us a robot that can preform tasks when we ask it to
The problem? Robots only communicate via code...
BUT #ChatGPT can change that as it learns to turn words into robot code
— Synthetic Mind (@SyntheticMindd)
Feb 26, 2023
The goal is to create a house bot that will preform any tasks you ask it to.
Think: dishes, cleaning, vacuuming, cooking
There’s only two reasons I’m not already in line for my own ChatGPT bot:
- Robots don’t speak human. Think of ChatGPT as the translator between you and your bot. You tell ChatGPT what you want and it turns it into code. Not super easy.
- ChatGPT sucks at physics. Imagine trying to teach a robot how to grab a cup without breaking it. Or trying to explain how fast to turn a corner so it doesn’t trip. Honestly, it’s like watching a three-legged dog try to jump rope.
Until ChatGPT can figure these out we’ll be stuck doing our own laundry.
It’s probably a good thing though. Imagine if your house bot kept breaking dishes or putting dents in your furniture.
Microsoft has seen some progress.
So far ChatGPT can:
- Fly a drone to inspect shelves in a warehouse. They say it went by every shelf and didn’t fall once. ‘It’s the small things in life’
- Take a selfie. My mom still can’t figure out this one.
- Build the Microsoft label out of wood blocks. Not sure how impressive this is. I’m pretty sure I can do it with my eyes closed but we’ll take it!
On that note, if you have ideas for training ChatGPT in robotics, Microsoft is taking any advice you can offer through PomptCraft (link under Quick Bytes).
PS- If you really want the maid outfit for your home robot, shoot Microsoft a quick email. I'm sure they’ll understand.
- PromptCraft- Send Microsoft your ideas
- Midjourney Fights Back Against Porn
- AI- Your New Surgeon?
That’s it for today folks! Stay curious and when you do your dishes tonight try and imagine the day you’ll finally come home to a clean house and a robot doing them instead…..